Terms & Conditions
Booking & Payment
- All invoices need to paid on job completion.
- Late payment fee will be added to unpaid invoices as follow: 0.5% up to 7 days, then 2% for every 30 days.
- 40% deposit payment is due at time of a first day of our work
- Final payment is due on day of completion.
- Scheduled dates may be subject to unexpected change.
- Payment may be made by cash, cheque or bank transfer.
- We charge a 2% surcharge on all credit card and Mastercard payments.
Sealing & Maintenance
- Three coats of seal and two coats of oil are standard. Additional coats are available, please ask.
- Seal longevity is dependent on traffic conditions and maintenance imposed by client.
- We recommend maintaining floor with professional maintenance products only.
- Professional maintenance products and yearly maintenance programmes are available through the office, please ask.
- Seals are generally touch dry in 2.5hours, oils in 12hrs. It is the client's responsibility to make arrangements as necessary so as to avoid contact with seals during curing time.
- Whilst Avon Hardwood Flooring Ltd will aim for full perfection, hand applied seals may not show complete uniformity. Recoating at client's request is chargeable.
- Seals require 3-7 days curing time and should be protected whilst curing.
- Floors should not be covered, nor furniture replaced, until curing process is complete. Avon Hardwood Flooring Ltd cannot be held liable for marking to floors after job is complete.
- It is not the responsibility for Avon Hardwood Flooring Ltd to protect floors after job completion.
- Avon Hardwood Flooring Ltd reserves the right to change job specification as necessary in order to provide the most appropriate finish for floor.
- If, in the past, there were any chemicals soaked in the floorboards and not visible before and/or after sanding the floor Avon Hardwood Flooring Ltd can not take any responsibility for any chemical reactions with a new finish (oil, lacquer or stain).
- It is the client's responsibility to ensure rooms are completely empty of furniture and other tradesmen at the start of work. Furniture removal service is available, please ask.
- If rooms are not left empty, Avon Hardwood Flooring Ltd cannot be held liable for any damage that occurs during removal of furniture.
- We recommend that floors are completed as the final part of a project.
- Our sanding process is 98% dust-free. Small amounts of dust will be produced. Where we have to use hand sanding or make repairs this may change.
- Although due care and diligence will be exercised by Avon Hardwood Flooring Ltd, due to nature of machine work decoration and skirting may be liable to marking. Avon Hardwood Flooring Ltd cannot be held liable for unavoidable marking nor the cost of redecoration.
- Stairs sanding includes sanding/sealing of flats only. Risers/sides by agreement only.
Hours of Work
- Where possible hours of work will be 8am-7pm, Monday to Saturday. However, due to the nature of sealing process, staff may have to make site visits at any time.
- Due to the natural movement of the wood filling cannot be guaranteed and can fail at any time.
- Repairs will be made as necessary to make good floor surface unless otherwise instructed by client. Sub-structure repairs will only be made after instruction by client.
- A statement of the structure of repair cost will be made on estimate. Actual cost of repair is only available when repairs have been completed. All repairs are recorded on job sheet.
- Supply of reclaimed timber is in accordance with market availability.
- Reclaimed timber cannot be guaranteed the same colour as existing timber and cannot be guaranteed worm-free.
- All colour samples are representative and may vary due to individual conditions.
- Once colour has been agreed, verbally or otherwise, any changes will be chargeable at full job rate.
- It is the client's responsibility to check colour at moment of application if a true representation is required. Re-colouring will be chargeable at full job rate.
- Due to nature of application technique, skirting may be marked during colouring. Avon Hardwood Flooring Ltd cannot be held liable for marking or redecoration.
- Complete uniformity is not possible when hand colouring and finishing a floor.
- Sanding machinery requires 240v in ready supply. It is the client's responsibility to ensure their power supply is in appropriate condition to undertake work.
- Standard rubbish removal is included in job price unless otherwise stated.
- Avon Hardwood Flooring Ltd can not take any responsibility for any floors that has been stack down using bitumen, as bitumen older that 30 years is not working any more and floor can be dis bonded and loose at any time.